The Creative Assembly has revealed the kind of muscle you’ll need in your PC to run the upcoming Total War: Rome II, set to release on September 3rd, 2013. If you were worried you might need an upgrade, you’ll be happy to know that the minimum requirements are fairly moderate.
A 2.6GHz single-core processor, 2GB of RAM and a 512 MB DirectX 9 graphics card are essentially the bare minimum to run the game. We also see that there’s a rather large requirement for hard disk space at 35GB , just as with other recent games in the series.
They’ve also released another one of those giant screenshots, measuring 30,000 x 4,087 pixels — you can see that over here.
Anyhow,here’s the full list of minimum and recommended requirements:
- OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
- Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1920×1080